College of Marime Education
Misamis University College of Maritime Education was established in school year 1994-1995. The BSMT and BSMarE programs provide and equip students with knowledge, understanding, proficiencies, skills, competencies, attitudes and values to qualify them for professional licensure examination and assessment and certification as officer in charge of an engineering and navigational watch. Being the First and Only PACUCOA accredited maritime school in Misamis Occidental and neighboring provinces, our educational services are above the standard of other maritime schools in the area.
Trained to be decision-makers and problem-solvers in their field of discipline, the maritime students of Misamis University are bred and nurtured to be a master in the field. Linked with Maritime Schools Assessment Program officiated by the Philippine-Japan Manning Consultative Council, Inc. for the cadetship training program, the maritime students are driven to be well advance in their studies of the maritime standards both in the local and international environment. The MU College of Maritime Education is a member of the Philippine Association of Maritime Institutions (PAMI).
The school’s membership to the maritime professional organization allows her to enjoy some trainings from IMO model course 6.09 and IMO 3.12. Anchored on the core value of excellence, the College of Maritime Education continuously shares its resources ensuring the sustainability of providing maritime education programs with services in conformance with the national and international requirements.
The MU College of Maritime Education is actively coordinating with government agencies and non-government maritime organizations as part of her commitment to the development and growth of the maritime education programs in the country.
• BSMarE - Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering
• BSMT - Bachelor of Science in Maritime Transportation
• Desck Seafaring - Deck Seafaring—NC II (Able Sea Farer and Navigational Watch)
To become one of the leading maritime institutions in the Philippines by S.Y. 2016.
The Maritime Education program shall aim to produce competent seafarers whose knowledge, understanding, proficiency and attitudes fulfill all the requirements of ISO 9001:2008, STCW including 2010 amendments, Policies, Standards and Guidelines of the Commission on Higher Education (CHED), standards of the Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA) and the Technical Education Skills and Development Authority (TESDA) and such other international laws and conventions that may directly or indirectly affect the quality management of the university.
The College of Maritime Education is committed to produce graduates who:
* Exhibit the competencies required of the trade for entry-level apprenticeship or employment.
* Show evidence of values indicative of honesty, integrity, discipline and hard work that will make him reliable and dependable individual.
* Possess desirable attitudes and work ethics required of a seafarer.
* Demonstrate the ability to use one’s mind intelligently in making decisions and solving problems.
* Initiate research work and be involved in community service- oriented projects and contribute to the nation’s development.